Avery Brewing Company, of Boulder, CO, is recalling Gose con Sandia, Sour Ale with watermelon, limes and sea salt, because of over pressurization, meaning that the can may fail or explode.
According to the cetails published online by the FDA, the recall was initiated on May 3, 2023, and is ongoing.
The recalled products were distributed in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah and Wyoming.
- Gose con Sandia, Sour Ale with watermelon, limes and sea salt,
- Date Code: Canned on: 01/20/23 Batch Code: 3918
- 1078.25 cases (6 cans/carton, 4 cartons/case)
- 12 oz. Can 6 pk. (72 oz. total)
- Can UPC 7 96363 00495 2
- Carton UPC 7 96363 00495 2
Anyone who purchased the recalled product should immediately dispose of it and not consume it.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here.)